Course Code: 201.A2
Latitudes 1 (Units 10, 11, 12)
Textbook, workbook, three CDs, website, and in-class digital book
Not sure if this class is right for you? Please take the placement test.
Build a solid foundation in the French language. Authentic situational exercises introduce you to the structure and use of language in everyday life.
Learn sentences and frequently used expressions related to everyday life
(e.g. very basic personal & family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
Practice speaking and reading comprehension. Communicate simple and routine tasks.
Describe your background, immediate environment, and basic needs.
- Tell a story
- Describe the stages of a story
- Make comparisons
- Express the intensity of a moment
- Describe quantities
- Describe someone
- Express your agreement/disagreement
- Situate yourself in time
- Talk about the future
- Express your wishes
Linguistic Skills (grammar and vocabulary)
- Pronominal verbs
- A la piece, au kilo (by the pound...); un
sachet de, un litre de...(a bag of, a liter
of...); D'abord, puis (first, then)
- The use of the impersonal pronoun en
- Interrogative structures
- The imperfect tense
- The imperfect or the present perfect
- The description of a person
- S'en aller, partir, quitter to leave/to
- The indicators of time, en, dans (in)
- The simple future tense
- The subjunctive mood
- The placement of pronouns in an imperative phrase
- Francophone countries
- Fashion and society
- French Music trends