We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher of French as foreign language to teach French language and culture to young children, teens and adults. The teacher will plan, implement and assess lessons and will teach with patience and creativity. The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) in Montclair, NJ is a branch of the New York French Institute Alliance Française in Manhattan.
FIAF is a leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tristate area. With more than 7,000 registrations annually, we offer French in three convenient locations: Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Brooklyn’s Carroll Gardens, and Montclair, NJ. FIAF offers learning programs for adults, toddlers (ages 1-4), kids (5-10) and teens (11-17) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native-speakers. Programs also include one-day workshops and teacher professional trainings.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan about French language and culture
- Organize learning material and resources
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods relevant to the audience to stimulate the learning process and the students’ abilities
- Assess students’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis
- Monitor students’ interactions in the classroom and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with FIAF teaching standards
- Assist in the development and organization of educational, cultural and social activities to help grow the FIAF members’ community in its Montclair, NJ location
- Participate in development and collaboration for events within and outside of FIAF to attract new students and members
- Native French-speaker or equivalent proficiency, ability to communicate clearly in English
- Proven working experience as a teacher of French as a foreign language
- Excellent knowledge of latest education theories and practices in the field of foreign language teaching
- Excellent knowledge of the French and Francophone cultures
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Teaching and organization skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and best practices
- Master’s degree in teaching French as a foreign language or relevant bachelor’s degree/certificate (Licence FLE, DAEFLE, or equivalent)
- Artistic skills a plus (performing or visual arts)
This position requires the candidate to be available between 7.30am and 9pm on weekdays, from 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
French Institute Alliance Française is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3), non-governmental organization incorporated in the state of New York. Its mission is to promote and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of French and Francophone culture, to increase the knowledge of the French language, and to encourage interaction among French, Francophone and American people through programs in education and the arts.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large
number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to
contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.