The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) seeks an experienced candidate for our open position of Vice President of Development. Reporting to and working closely with the President, the Vice President of Development also works with the Board of Trustees and is responsible for overseeing all development efforts throughout the organization. This person will coordinate and manage FIAF’s corporate, foundation, individual, special events, and government fundraising efforts; lead FIAF’s Annual, Capital, and Endowment Support campaigns; and successfully manage a 4-person development team. Candidates should have at least a B.A. degree and ten years of experience working in development in a cultural institution and have a working knowledge of French culture and language.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan in collaboration with FIAF President.
- Collaborate with FIAF VP Finance and FIAF President to develop an annual budget for fundraising activities.
- Plan and execute fundraising initiatives to secure funding for cultural and educational programs.
- Develop the portfolio of individual gifts, Corporate Members, and foundations and create productive relationships with major donors to deepen their engagement with FIAF and grow financial support.
- Manage and follow through on all elements of a donor recognition program.
- Represent FIAF and develop positive relations with organization and businesses.
- Develop public relations, promotional, and marketing strategy with the VP Marketing.
- Prepare copy for FIAF newsletters and other written materials for fundraising.
- Develop and implement plans for the Capital Campaign.
- Maintain and prepare required statistical reports necessary for internal (staff) and external (Board of Trustees and general public) reporting.
- Work with FIAF finance department to ensure proper maintenance of donor records including necessary billing.
- Supervise the maintenance of all development-related contacts and data.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be periodically assigned by the President.
- Senior fundraising and management experience with increasing responsibility and achievements in a cultural or public service field.
- Successful track record of securing corporate sponsorship, closing individual gifts, and overseeing fundraising events.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of the New York donor base.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Conversant French required; advanced French preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience of researching and maintaining timely and accurate donor information.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Leslie Cole, Human Resources
Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large
number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to
contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.