The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tri-state area. With more than 7,000 registrations annually, we offer French in three convenient locations: Manhattan's Upper East Side, Brooklyn's Carroll Gardens, and Montclair, NJ.
In conjunction with its adult French language learning program, FIAF offers French language learning programs for toddlers (ages 1-4), kids (5-10) and teens (11-17) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native-speakers.
Our program offers a high level of language instruction through curricula that are specially designed to meet children's pedagogical needs at every stage of their development. All our classes provide an integrated approach to French language and culture.
The Kids and Teens Programs Coordinator organizes and works under the direction of the Youth Programs Director to coordinate, develop and implement FIAF's Kids and Teens Programs. FIAF Kids & Teens' Programs are comprised of:
- Kids and Teens' Classes (ages 5-17)
- Kids and Teens' Summer Day Programs (ages 5-10 and 11-14)
- Teens' Summer Immersion Classes (ages 11-14 and 15-17)
- Develop and enrich the Kids & Teens class offerings
- Organize and lead teacher training sessions
- Evaluate and improve teacher performance through classroom observations and coaching
- Stay current with the latest methodology, pedagogical resources and technology for the teaching of French as a foreign language to a young audience
- Stay current with the official French curriculum for teaching French language (official curriculum of the French Ministry of Education)
- Teach Kids & Teens classes and conduct placement test occasionally
- Teachers Management/Human Resources:
- Manage a team of about 10-15 teachers dedicated to the Kids & Teens programs
- Advise teachers on pedagogy and available pedagogical resources
- Identify the training needs of the pedagogical team
- Recruit, train, and assist new instructors
- Class Schedule Management:
- Schedule classes at the beginning of each session
- Assign classes to teachers
- Oversee enrollment in Kids & Teens programs
- Assist with the registration process at the start of each session
- Business Development
- Communicate program content and updates to parents and answer inquiries
- Meet with clients to ensure their satisfaction and re-enrollment
- Seek out prospective clients and ensure enrollment
- Foster a positive relationship between students, parents and instructors
- Stay current with the class offerings of our competitors for young French learners as well as with their marketing strategies (web content, etc) in order to establish FIAF as a leader in the field
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of FIAF cultural programs for kids
- Collaborate with FIAF sponsors (kids programs)
- Nurture partnerships with youth literature and FLE publishers
- Native French-speaker or equivalent proficiency
- Masters degree in the field of teaching French as a foreign language or DAEFLE (diplôme d’aptitude à l’enseignement du français langue étrangère)
- An official teaching diploma (diplôme de professeur des écoles or equivalent) a plus
- A minimum of two years’ experience in teaching French as a foreign language to a young audience
- Have good knowledge and understanding of the CEFRL (Common European Framework of Reference for the teaching of Foreign Languages)
- Must be knowledgeable on pedagogy as it relates to French language instruction for children 5 to 17 years old
- Strong understanding of technologies applied to the teaching of foreign languages
- Experience with Smart Board technology
- Must demonstrate a strong capacity to work in a team environment and to synthesize input from different sources
- Must be flexible to adjust to multiple and shifting priorities, be meticulous, thorough and detailed; be able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
The candidate must have a valid US working permit.
Resume and cover letter in French or English must be sent by email to Christophe Mouraux, Pedagogical Director at email@example.com AND Anne Bellec, Youth Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.