Career Opportunities at FIAF
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is an American, private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3), non-governmental organization. It is a multi-disciplinary cultural organization. Its mission is to promote and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of French and Francophone culture, to increase the knowledge of the French language, and to encourage interaction among French, Francophone and American people through programs in education and the arts.
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is currently looking for a new Development Manager.
Under the supervision and direction of the Vice President of Development, the person in this position plays an instrumental role in managing and expanding FIAF’s broad ongoing fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to interact thoughtfully, both with other FIAF departments and with external contacts.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Development to develop innovative, multi-platform sponsorship proposals for corporate partners, foundations, and individuals.
- Help identify, define, and develop new funding prospects to support FIAF programs.
- Plan, manage, and implement the yearly fundraising calendar and ensure timely execution of proposal and reporting requirements.
- Craft all written materials for the department, including: proposals, informational presentations, contracts, and donor appeal and acknowledgement letters.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop effective communication strategy and ensure accuracy of marketing collateral and all materials associated with development campaigns and events.
- Collect, analyze, and report data on the performance of fundraising activities.
- Actively aid with fundraising and cultivation events, activities, and efforts as needed.
- Manage effective relations with high-level donors and prospects as well as fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements.
- Work closely with more than 20 major corporate partners to proactively develop employee membership enrollment and communicate employee benefits using innovative channels.
- Act as the primary liaison for all sponsors to coordinate recognition, VIP passes, corporate hospitality, and high-quality personalized service across the institution.
- Manage and expand key FIAF cultivation groups such as Young Patrons, Young French Leaders, and Producers’ Circle for various cultural programs.
- Lead the development and execution of intimate, private events for these groups with goal of cultivating current and potential donors, connecting high-net-worth individuals, and creating a strong support network for FIAF.
- Carry out day-to-day administration of the department, including the scheduling and coordination of events and executive meetings, preparation and finalization of contracts, development and monitoring of budgets/transactions, and database management.
- Track all donations received, record their intent, and report to the Office of Finance and Administration with regularity; provide timely and accurate donor acknowledgement.
- Ensure that department database, records, and VIP lists are properly maintained to enable effective communication and tracking.
- Identify criteria and generate accurate mail lists, email lists, and specialized distribution lists as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual French– English
- Experience and a sincere interest in Development preferred
- A working knowledge of fundraising concepts and willingness to develop the skills needed for the execution of required tasks
- Strong ability to create powerful, compelling written communications for fundraising purposes
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to meet concurrent deadlines
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong interpersonal, networking, and negotiation skills
- Creative, social, and energetic – willing to work as a member of an active and enthusiastic team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred (special training will be offered)
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Leslie Cole, Human Resources
Director at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large
number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to
contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
Job Title: Membership Intern
Reports To: Membership & Patron Services Manager
Schedule: Tuesdays, 10am-6pm, from September-December 2014 (or longer)
Compensation: $12/hour. Complimentary French classes and FIAF Membership are also included.
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) seeks a motivated college student or recent graduate to assist our Membership Department in cultivating our constituency of over 2,000 Members and 8,000 Students. We are looking for a hard-working and organized Francophile interested in learning more about The Raiser’s Edge database and the inner workings of a major cultural organization.
- Preparing Membership mailings and email communications
- Updating Member records in our database
- Leading volunteers in Membership drives and phone-a-thons
- Occasionally helping out at cultural events during the Fall season
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Basic mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge database a plus! (but not required)
- Passion for French culture and basic French-speaking ability
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence speaking on the phone
Please send your resume and
a cover letter in English to Leslie Cole, Human Resources
Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
Le Centre de Langue du FIAF recrute des professeurs de FLE
Des professeurs de FLE pour ses programmes enfants (1 à 17 ans)
Des professeurs de FLE pour ses programmes adultes
Pour ses 3 implantations :
- Manhattan (NY): 22 East 60th Street (entre Madison et Park Avenues)
- Montclair (NJ) : The Carriage House, 331 Claremont Ave
- Brooklyn (NY) : ISB, 477 Court Street.
Le ou la candidat(e) doit :
- Avoir une expérience de l’enseignement à des enfants et /ou des adolescents et/ou des adultes dans un même établissement pendant une durée minimale de 6 mois.
- Etre diplômé(e) en français langue étrangère (Master FLE, DAEFLE ou équivalent) ou en tant que maitre des écoles.
- Etre dynamique, enthousiaste, consciencieux (se), créatif (ve), formé(e) aux nouvelles technologies, bon sens du relationnel avec les enfants et les parents, ouvert(e) au travail en équipe.
- Etre disponible en semaine (essentiellement en soirée) et le samedi (emploi rémunéré à l’heure)
Dans tous les cas, les candidats doivent être :
- De langue maternelle française
- En possession d’un permis de travail américain. Le FIAF ne sponsorise pas ses professeurs pour un visa que ce soit administrativement ou financièrement.
- D’un niveau d’anglais égal ou supérieur à B1 (cf CECR)
Quel(s) programme(s) vous intéresse(nt) ?
- Le programme A petits Pas pour les enfants de 1 à 5 ans, contactez Anne Bellec, email@example.com
- Le programme Kids & Teens pour les enfants et adolescents de 5 à 17 ans, contactez Anne Bellec, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Le programme Adults, contactez Christophe Mouraux, email@example.com
Personne contact : Christophe Mouraux, Directeur pédagogique firstname.lastname@example.org
Si vous pensez que votre profil peut convenir pour plusieurs programmes, merci d’envoyer votre candidature dans un email unique en mettant la personne en charge du programme en copie.
Merci de préciser les implantations qui vous intéressent.
Votre candidature ne sera considérée comme complète et recevable qu’après réception de votre lettre de motivation (en français) ainsi que votre CV.
Interested in an internship with FIAF's Cultural Programming Department, PR Department, Language Center, or Haskell Library? Please send all internship requests (your resume and
a cover letter) in English to Leslie Cole, Human Resources
Director at email@example.com.